you can preach about slut-shaming all you want, but you can’t deny there’s something very wrong with 13 and 14-year old girls going out in skirts and dresses so short they barely cover their asses and shirts with necklines so low they show off cleave they haven’t got yet, drinking and even smoking and hooking up with guys before they even have a substantial knowledge of how sex and sexual relationships work.
Thank YOU HOLY SHIT
"He is old enough to be your grandfather"
This picture could be anything. If Disney’s entire catalog could be compressed into one image, it would be this one. The Princess and The Frog was not only a way of returning to the traditional roots of the company, it was also a way of paying homage to the 48 films that preceded it.
There are so many shout-outs and throw-backs to the Disney canon, it would be impossible to list them all.
Here are just a few-
- Pinocchio: wishing on a star
- Peter Pan: two stars shining together
- The Lion King: stars are fireflies trapped in the sky
- Robin Hood and The Jungle Book: Mama Odee’s snake
- Fantasia: Dr Facilier summoning the shadows can be compared to Night on Bald Mountain. Also, during ‘Evangeline’, the light-up lilypads is similar to the Nutcracker sequence.
- Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, Robin Hood: Tiana’s eyes sparkle during the Evangeline sequence, in a similar fashion to Lady, Duchess, and Maid Marian
- Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast: When Charlotte dances with faux-Naveen, part of the sequence uses the same animation from Sleeping Beauty, which was previously repeated in Beauty and the Beast
- Cinderella: Charlotte ballgown is based off of concept art for one of Cinderella’s dresses
- The Little Mermaid, Aladdin: King Triton appears in one of the Mardi Gras floats. So do Aladdin and Jafar, and the palace in Agrabah.
- Aladdin: The magic carpet can be seen briefly at one point, and the genie’s lamp is in Mama Odee’s hut
- The Sword in the Stone: Louis plops some seaweed on his head and pulls it around his face just like Madame Mim
- The Little Mermaid: Charlotte and Naveen’s wedding bears a striking resemblance to Eric and Vanessa’sFor many more references - to Disney and otherwise - check out the TV Tropes trivia page.And that’s it for this week! Tomorrow is my FAVOURITE Disney movie, Tangled!
♡ SHE WAS SO CUTE!! She was the youngest princess I’ve ever had at any of my host club events! ♡
Welcome to Tumblr— the place where everyone is equal; but only if you aren’t white, cisgendered, male, etc.
Tumblr Feminism™ (some restrictions apply)
i’m sorry can you translate? I was reading and all I saw was “wah wah wah one place where white cisgender males aren’t above people shit fuck why is this happeniiiiiing.”
A Texas man is under arrest after gunning down a SWAT team member as the officer quietly tried to climb in through the apartment’s window during predawn hours.
Police State USAreports that a resident fatally shot Detective Charles “Chuck” Dinwiddie as the officer climbed in through a ground level window as part of a “no knock” raid. The officers were there due to suspicion that residents were in possession of controlled substances.
Upon hearing a noise, resident Marvin Louis Guy, 50, opened fire on the unidentified officers, shooting three others as well, although only one fatally.
Guy is currently being held on capital murder charges in connection with Dinwiddie’s death, even though it’s unclear how Guy was supposed to know that the men crawling in through the window were police officers since they hadn’t identified themselves.
The evidence sheet lists a laptop, a safe, a pistol, and a glass pipe, but no drugs were found. Given the evidence, why did police deem it necessary to seek a “no knock” warrant and why did a judge sign off on it?
Very little is known about Mr. Guy, but Dinwiddie left behind two children, all because his SWAT team went creeping into a home where the residents didn’t even have any drugs. Is that the best use of law enforcement tax dollars?
Guy’s bond has been set at $3 million dollars.
Thank you lieutenantnorals!
"cop breaks and enters with state approval, gets his ass shot"
this happened in Texas where it is perfectly legal to shoot and kill someone who is breaking into your home
Literally everybody knows that in Texas you can open fire on someone who comes onto your property without permission. What in the hell did they expect??
Where the NRA at? In the largest pro-gun state of Texass, those second amendment rights only apply if you’re white.
Oh no stand your ground for the homie right???? NO STAND YOUR GROUND FOR THE HOMIE RIGHT????!????!!!!
my anaconda don’t want none
unless you DEFEAT THE HUNS, SON
i miss when i was like 10 and it would be the night before a big field trip or something and i couldnt go to sleep because i was so excited. i miss being so into a book that i would stay up past my bed time reading it. everything seems so bland or something idk. i’m only 19 and everything is so tiring. i miss wanting to be awake
this is the realist shit on this website